View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 14, 2007, 09:23pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Wouldn't the use of prewrap for a hair control device be the utilization of equipment in a manner other than its intended purpose?

If so, that would make it illegal.

NEW QUESTIONS....
Have you seen the new hair control (elastic) devices with logo/writing all the way around it? I know NF does not limit color, etc. on hair control devices, but this seems to violate the spirit of our decorum rules. In a scrimmage last night, I asked the girls in question to flip these hair control devices over to a solid white side. (players and coaches complied without question) Did I overstep?

I took a similar stance on wrists wrapped with athletic tape. Several girls on one team had their wrists wrapped with athletic tape and had written initials and/or numbers on the tape. I asked them if the tape was needed. When the response was yes, I asked them to cover the writing with another strip of tape or remove it. (again, players and coaches complied without question -- two of four removed it all together.)

I've seen writing on shoes also (although I've never seen it so blatantly displayed that I considered it a problem). Where do we draw the line?

These players keep coming up with more and more issues. I feel like I'm policing fashion as much as the game!