View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 12, 2007, 12:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbilla
Ahhh I see what you are saying. Are you saying that since the ball was dead when the ball passed through the net that you have an intentional T on A2? The situation doesn't say, but I assumed that this was a common foul, but I guess it depends on what he means by "as the ball is passing through the net"...if the ball was through, then I hope the contact causing the foul was execessive, otherwise he should have passed on it altogether...since he didn't elaborate, I assumed it was just a common foul that occurred just before the ball passed through (live ball)...
I only thought of this as a common foul based on the description. And he did not say the ball was dead. If the ball was dead, that still does not change my answer. That being said the direct T is still a POI application and if you decide to call another T for that foul by B3 is accused of committing, then you still would shoot the Direct T FTs first and then do whatever you had to do to put the ball back in play. If you call a T that requires the ball to be put back in play at the division line, that does not trump that a Direct T in Men's basketball is still a POI foul (live or dead ball).

Peace