View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 10, 2007, 12:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU213
I had a varsity game on Sat. so I was forced to watch the game on tape. First let me say--Joe Tiller has a history of whining big time (almost to the level of Joe Paterno!), so I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

The potential TD (ruled incomplete) that was mentioned looked like a TD to me on replay. It was never reviewed by the booth (plus Purdue has a challange at their disposal). ESPN only showed 1 or 2 replays on TV, but I feel it was fair to say that it could have gone either way.

As for the foward progress situation...here the officials were 100% correct. A5 catches the ball while moving back toward the original LOS. Gets 1 or 2 feet inbounds, steps OOB about 2 yards back (toward the LOS) from where A5 first touched the ball. Textbook case of forward progress ending in bounds. LJ correctly spots where he completed the catch (i.e. first touched the ground with the ball) and winds the clock. The TV guys on ESPN said the call was terrible, said it needed to be looked at upstairs, and went so far as to call the LJ by name (a point that really ticked me off considering he made the right call...but then again, they were interested in hearing themselves talk and creating some sort of controversy...plus Andre Ware knows everything, ha!).
Maybe you could give us a rule citation(NCAA) that would support you on why the clock should not have been stopped?