Thread: Table personnel
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 08, 2007, 06:12pm
Official Forum Member

Table personnel

I'm a little bored tonight so what's your worst table nightmare with scorekeeper and timer?

Tuesday got call from AD begging me to fill in for MS boys game that night - someone had called and canceled with family emergency. I agreed to to game. Got there and was on court with my partner for the evening. We look around and only one team there. Visitors late. In fact - got there 5 mins before scheduled tip. Gal on book is putting info in book. Players warming up. After their coach said he was ready to start gal at table finishing up with book. We counted and asked how many names - it worked out right. We toss. found out immediately that timer was not truthful when she said she had done clock lots of times - she had done it for volleyball. After first foul was called and reported I saw home coach for 8th grade at table shaking his head. shortly after I whistled a team foul and went to report. I reported the # and gal shouts over wanting to know why I was telling her numbers. She had erased all the numbers next to the names because they were "confusing" her. Took an official time out to get all #'s back into book. I won't even start on the timer!