View Single Post
Old Wed May 08, 2002, 11:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Taylor
The way we have been instructed in FED to handle the two hands coming up and stopping is it's OK as long as he pitches. If he tries to ddis-engage after moving both hands then it's a balk. If the runner moves on first motion, all the pitcher can do is pitch. Anything else will be a balk.
Michael, while I'd agree that's a realistic and effective way of handling it, I'd point out it's still NOT per the Fed rule. I'd also question why, after resetting, he couldn't disengage if no runners were attempting advance. Is there any advantage gained? I'd think not. If they're not advancing, they certainly didn't think he started his delivery when both arms moved simultaneously.

It still goes to show, however, that it's likely widespread that it's NOT being enforced as the Fed prescribes, and probably won't be. When those who lead your organizations and are the Big Dogs won't call it, then who expects the Little Dogs to call it? When the Little Dogs do call it, they then get the wrap of being overly officious and unable to adjust to the level of the game.......

Just my opinion,

Freix