View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 12:44pm
I Bleed Crimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
They need to go ASAP. This is absolutely not permitted.
Amen! But how do you know unless you go back and mark the box every time? When it occured when I was on the field, we had a 1st and 15 (after a false start) on a major line. After an incomplete pass, our U noticed that the box was a half yard behind the major line. He started keeping his eye on things and found out the box guy was doing this only to the vistors. We got together and tossed the box guy. But the damage was done.

And from other stories I have heard, there are home crews that do this, so we are told to mark the box every time and keep our eyes on it. This problem is not being handled by the AD's at these schools, so we takes steps ourselves to keep it fair. By marking the box everytime we are being preventative.

Not that it should matter, but I'd also like to note that these are B sized schools (the smallest schools in the most remote locations in the state). I've never had this occur at the larger schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Who would allow drunk people as part of the officiating staff, and even on the field? Whoever that was (likely more than 1 person), they had a serious lapse of judgment.
Amen again! They didn't seem drunk when I gave my pregame, and I didn't smell alcohol. But apparently after the scuffle with the coach, somebody detected alcohol. It was determined they were drunk and run off. It wasn't school property (it was at a public stadium), so who knows what happened. I've never seen them again at that stadium or with that team, so perhaps they have been sacked for good.