View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Chain Crew Questions

Hi all. I made my first venture into this forum as a PA announcer for a junior college, and now I'd like to ask a few questions from my high school day job position.

Yesterday, as I ran the clock for our final frosh home game, I couldn't help but realize that our game had the worst chain crew operation I think I've ever seen. Now of course, I know in my area that we're always seemingly recruiting kids out of the stands 15 minutes before gametime to do this at the 9th/JV level, and this year, it's just seemingly been a disaster not only at our home games, but at a couple of the below V road games I was at also. One of our goals for next year is to get interested students to do PA for below Varsity games, and yesterday it hit me that it might be a good idea to do the same sort of thing to get some good kids that would be interested to make them a full-time chain crew.

Even though this will be for next year, I don't know how active this forum is in off-season, so I thought I'd put this out there now so I'll be ready to go when it is time. Any input from you guys is appreciated as to what areas I should focus on when I attempt to implement this during the Spring Scrimmages. I made a quick list of some basic common sense things like staying focused and remembering safety. Specifics that I could get into training would be great.

Thanks in advance for your comments!