View Single Post
Old Tue May 07, 2002, 06:36pm
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by mkacala45
say i argue a call u made on a foul i "commited", does this effect how you call on me the rerst of the game?

what about when i player "commits" a foul and while the other team is on the line before the throws he asks what he did?

do u have any objections or thoughts to asking what you did, like just to find out what not to do next time, not arguing?
mka,
There is a big difference between arguing and questioning.
We officials understand that emotion is high during a game and we will allow some excited questioning.
Make your statements in the form of questions or mild statements and you'll be on the safe side of staying in the game. (Instead of saying, "I never touched him!", ask, "What did I do?"; instead of saying, "You gotta call that!", say, "I thought I got hit." )
Generally, we aren't going to look for a player because we are actually looking to see the space between two different colored jerseys. If there is no space, then we look for who caused what. And while we are looking at the space between the players, we cannot be checking numbers.
It ain't nuthin' personal most of the time; although, your mileage may vary from time to time.
Act like a gentle person and get treated like one.
mick