View Single Post
Old Tue May 07, 2002, 12:36pm
Elaine "Lady Blue" Elaine
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Elaine Send a message via Yahoo to Elaine
Talking

Yeah, I know the type. In DD's (Renee) game last night in the N. Ga. Travel League, the opposing coach kept trying to get the PU to call catcher interference on us. She did interfer twice, as his girls stood in the back of the box like some 'b' teams do and had loopey swings. We're an 'A' team and are used to batters up in the box. Then, the opposing coach walked over to our dugout between innings and asked our manager why he was talking to his players and harrassing them. (???) This was a surprise to our manager as he never talks to the other team other than maybe "good play, short" or something like that. I've never heard him raise his voice in the two years we've been on the team. I've found that the more vocal a coach and his parents yell and act like fools, the worse the team playing is. We scored 6 runs in the 1st inning and then moved our players around in different positions and used the pitching for bunting practice. Of course we won, but the other team's parents and coaches went after the blues as soon as they
walked off the field. What's wrong with folks like that?
Poor losers!

Georgia High School NFHS (retired)
Mom of former Travel Player
National Indicator Fraternity 1995