View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 28, 2007, 10:40pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman
I heard from several people that the change was made because coaches were taking advantage of having the calling official in front of them and complaining way too much. I have heard that from several people including a couple college assignors. Thus the change and also the emphasis on coaches staying in the box this year. Who did you hear that from Nevadaref?

I worked my first men's CC game of the year on Friday night. I almost went tableside twice but corrected it both times. The only time I totally went tableside was a backcourt foul when we were in bonus. Habit outweighed my concentration level on that one. It's going to be interesting to see how I do once the HS season starts and I am going back and forth between 3-person tableside and 3-person opposite regularly.
This is the same thing I've heard too.

BTW, there is no reason (I can think of) for the non-calling official to even think about calming a coach down. I have no control over what the coach, a grown man, is going to do or say. They will be responsible for their actions when I'm on table side.