View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 25, 2007, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH
Guys, a player control fouls IS a team control foul. A player has to have control of the ball to get a PC, a player is on a team, thus, it's a team control foul, because a player on the team has control of the ball and has fouled.

Choose one or the other, using 2 different mechanics is a waste of time and confusing when calling a PC. If necessary I use the block signal to clarify an illegal screen or a hold for a hold etc. But, everyone in the gym nows you've got a PC control foul when you give the fist.

Ok, I got off my little rant there. Oh, and for the love of God don't go to the table, give the number then put your hand behind your head and punch at the same time. It looks horrible!!!

Ok, I'm done boys, does someone else need the soapbox?

CLH
true, a pc foul is a team control foul - but a team control foul could be more than just a "player control" foul. For illegal screen, displacement, push, shove, etc from an offensive player without the ball (team control foul), what preliminary signal do you use when making the foul called? I am asking at the spot of the foul, not when you are reporting.

You would have fist in the air, then WHAT???