View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 25, 2007, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burghardt17
Actually i love the sport and would perfer to coach but I was watching T.V. and there was a commercial asking for officials. Beside I would not have a clue where to look for a coaching position here in southeast michigan. As stated before I was a head coach for a boys 7 & 8th grade teams, which we went undefeated in 4 of my 5 years coaching. I moved to Michigan and I wouldn't know where to start when looking to coach.
tjones1 has given you the link to the MHSAA web site, where you'll begin the process of becoming a registered official. If you have any questions, contact Mark Uhl at the MHSAA. He's a good guy and is very level-headed about issues facing both officials and schools (he used to be both an official and an athletic director).

You say that you would "prefer" to coach (actually, you said "perfer" -- maybe that's how they talk down there in Ohio... ); let me suggest that you at least think about whether you want to officiate. It's tough enough, even if your heart is in it. Just think about it.

If you decide to become an official: Welcome! You'll go "undefeated" for the rest of your career.