View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 24, 2007, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Despite your insistance, 12 to 15 feet away is a very good distance away from a force play. You should be much closer to the play for a tag. We've bantied this one about ad nauseum, but that's the way Jon Bible taught it, as well as the pro school guys I learned from. How the hell can you see a really slick tag of the runner on a banger from 15 feet away? What, you wearin' binoculars? I rarely missed a banger tag play over the years (other than the occasional pickoff where I was, listen closely, TOO FAR from the play). I feel that it was my positioning in a little closer proximity to the play that gave me a far superior look at exactly what transpired.

Currently evacuated to in-laws due to fires. Hope I don't lose home. Prayers appreciated.

I can agree with what you said. When I said 12-15 feet that was probably in haste for a tag play, but I like what Bob said above, he was in the best possible position for him to be, I think the play fooled him and he was just late getting into position.

Sorry to read about the evacuation, have put you on our prayer list at church.

Thanks
David