View Single Post
Old Sat May 04, 2002, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

Tim C.

I know your reading something , but it was not something I wrote. Look again. Where have I said or even implied that a runner must slide. This whole thread has not been about runners having to slide . Your the only one emphazing that point and if it makes you feel better, your absolutly right about that.

All I have stated is that the runner CANNOT do something, and that includes picking his nose, if it alters the play of the fielder.

Once again your right, (Thats two now) the runner cant disappear. But for heaven sake read the original question. (Something you have been having a problem with.)

"When a runner (FED) goes directly into a base standing up and his action POSSIBLY prevents a double play is this interference?"

The writer asked about FED, not any other League and nothing about sliding. If your judgement thinks that the runner has altered the play by this action or non-action on his part, then by all means you have interference.!!!!!

The runner may not have done anything intentional to alter the play but if he does are we to ask if he meant to breakup the DP first and then make are decision.
Im not waiting for an answer, I got two outs. Next batter.