View Single Post
Old Fri May 03, 2002, 05:32pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs down

Last week, I worked a shift of HS boys varsity rec games with a fairly competent partner. We had one coach who gave him some crap. This surprised me, since I have had games with this coach for 3 or 4 years now, and I always found him to be pretty good. He's a nice guy and asks good questions. But, in our game, he thought my partner was letting too much go under the basket and told him so about 10 times.

I have this same partner again and this same team again this weekend for two games. Based on past experience with this partner, I know he is going to say something to the coach before the game. It's not going to be pretty. This will set a lousy tone for both games. Also from experience with this partner, I know that if I try to intervene or tell him to let it go and not say anything, he will be mad at me the entire day and make things miserable.

Short of asking to switch courts (probably not possible) - any suggestions? I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place. Usually I can handle this stuff, but this partner is a personal friend of the assignor. YIKES!