View Single Post
Old Fri May 03, 2002, 01:05pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by ripian
I was in the stands waiting to work my game and saw this play.

This was in a U15 boys game. Black just scored on Red. Black player takes the ball out and inbounds a long (and pretty good) pass 3/4 length of the court to his team mate who scores an uncontested layup on his own basket. The next thing was the ball goes out of bounds for the Black team throw in under there basket but because all the players are confused now no one throws the ball in and black gets called for a 5 second violation.

Fortunatly I had a chance to talk to the crew before my game and they came to this conclusion...

They should of stopped the black team throw in that they were not entitled to in the first place and restarted with the red throw in.
Can you tell us what rules you use? Since you said that after black scored, they went to the other end of the court and scored into their own basket, the inference would be FEEBLE (sorry, can't bring myself to stop that). In NF, teams score into their own basket and defend their opponents basket.

Under NF rules, there are different things that could have been done, even with the refs screwing up. Black could have received a delay warning for preventing red from being able to promptly put the ball in play following the original score, for one.

What was the red coach doing during all of this. If it was a typical game here, he would have been screaming the whole time. Or, perhaps, taking a nap.