View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 17, 2007, 09:03am
We don't rent pigs

Can't we all just get along?

Apparently the search function only goes back one year? I have posted a couple of threads about a jr. high principal and some, uh, incidents. One shows up, one doesn't. some things are more important than money

I went to call games Monday and there he was. Oh, well, hope for the best, expect the worst, and deal with whatever happens. Time to begin, and my partner walks up to the table and picks up the ball. The principal steps down out of the stands. He tells my partner "You need to be the referee for both games." He points at me. "That guy cheats against us. Three times he has thrown games." Partner looked at him like you might look at something a dog left on the sidewalk, shrugged, shook his head, and tossed the ball to me at the circle. Principal continued his rant. "He is the only dishonest official I know. If it happens tonight, I'm calling the commissioner's office this time."
(I'd love to hear that conversation.) Partner stood there with his back to the guy and did not acknowledge him any more. In the girls game there was a player control foul on the point guard for my friend's team where she planted her defender with a forearm. I was a little shaky on the call, thought the defender might have bumped her first, but I made it. Principal chimed in loudly, "That's one you got right! That's the first one you got right!" Take a compliment any way you can get it. Between games the principal approached my partner again and spoke briefly. I said now what? Partner said he had merely said that we called a good game. Go figure.

I frequently latch on to mick's theme: Get in. Get done. Get out.

Lonesome Dove