View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 16, 2007, 09:28am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch
In Iowa, it's pretty much the same, but I know that in the rules meeting or one of the handouts from those meetings, it does say that the coach can be suspended by the IHSAA until he/she can meet with the Executive Director, etc. I can't remember the exact details, but it is outlined somewhere. Don't have all my materials here with me at work.
I know it's happened in Iowa, but it's been a while since the one I know about. When I was playing high school ball, my sophomore year, we were playing a team that was in the championship game annually. Our coach felt they had a history of running up the score, so before the game even started he discussed it with us.

At the start of the fourth quarter, with the score 92-20 and their starters still in, coach pulled us off the court and we walked to the lockers.

We didn't know about it before hand, but our coach seemed to have expected the suspension when he got it. I was under the impression at the time that the suspension was automatic under the circumstances; but I was 16 and our coach didn't exactly let us in on the administrative stuff.