Thread: Forgot pants!
View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 13, 2007, 10:08pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Henry
Hey guys, going into a new season, I wanted to share this “embarrassing” situation with you. I figured what the heck; I can’t be the only guy to forget his pants!

My first game above 9th grade was last season. Doing a JV girl’s game. I ‘m pretty nervous plus I’m going into a hallowed venue for basketball. So I add extra stress to myself. Get to the locker room and I discover I forgot my pants! I am know panicking realizing my house is about 20 minutes away and I would not have enough time to drive home. Therefore I call home and no answer but I leave a desperate message on the machine to call me back. (Can you image what the wife thought when she heard this one?) Well I tell the AD my situation and I tell her I’ll have to wear what I have on. She said OK because there is nothing else I can do. Back in the locker room my partner shows up and he has extra pants but about 4 inches smaller in the waist. So forget about it. So I wear my charcoal gray flecked pants with cuffs and do the game. My partner tried to reassure me that all will be OK and just go out and have a good game. Well I was a bit self-conscious at first but soon got into the game and it turned out it was the easiest and best game I every did (in my humble opinion) in six years! Go figure!

Since then I triple check my bag for all my items and think back how lucky I was I wasn’t wearing my khaki chinos that day.
I've been working HS sports since 1987 and a few weeks ago, I forgot my shoes for a football game. Lucky for me I've been wearing black running shoes, so I don't think anyone outside my crew noticed.