View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 13, 2007, 08:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
Proposal 47: Let's see, if the batter makes ANY move (in or out of the box) she can be called for interference (sub rules 1-3), and if the batter does NOT make a move, she can be called for interference (4).

GREAT idea!

Who thought that one up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASA proposal 47
47 7.6-Q For interference when hindering the catcher's fielding or throwing by: Clarify Interference on a batter while in the batter's box.
1. Leaning over the plate 2. Stepping out of or otherwise moving from the batters box 3. Making any movement which hinders the catchers actions or the catchers attempt to make a play. 4. Failing to make a reasonable effort to vacate the area when there is a throw to or from the plate and there is time for the batter to move away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFHS Rule 7-4-5
A batter shall not interfere with with the catcher's fielding or throwing by leaning over home plate, by stepping out of the batter's box, by making any other movement which hinders action at home or the catcher's attempt to play on a runner, or by failing to make a reasonable effort to vacate congested area when there is a throw to home and there is time for the batter to move away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmafia
GFL. This is a clusterf**k of a rule proposal.
Wonder what WMB thinks about the wording of the proposal? Sure looks like a copycat version of the NFHS rule to me. That specific NUS member (Jerry Fick) I believe is also an NFHS State Rules Interpretor (Ohio).

Personally, I don't see how it adds or changes anything from the current rulings; maybe spells out more specific examples of what may be interference.