View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 12, 2007, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member

Steve raises good points about assignors being evaluators. I agree that there should be an actual process involved, rather than "some guy" looking over our shoulders. It can potentially create discontentment between the assignor and the umpires, and while feedback is good, it may not always be the correct feedback.

In my case, I'm very fortunate to have an assignor who is not only quite good at the juggling act, he's also extremely proficient in all things relating to umpiring. His word is one I would trust completely, as he is most definitely "in the know." He is probably the exception rather than the rule, and I'm fortunate to work under him. I'd mention his name if I could, but I'd rather not, simply for various obvious reasons.

For me, I take constructive criticism very well, and I know this person is good at giving an honest eval. I've pondered bringing this up with him, but I wanted to see what other groups do before I ask him.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.