View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 09, 2007, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN
You lost me when you used the word "Charlie." I know what it means, but pro school grads that use it are typically dismissive of those who didn't attend pro school. I once belonged to an association where one of the guys who went to pro school commented that only pro school grads should be allowed to train umpires.

If you want to create a new association, fine, but trying to change an association's mechanics just you went to pro school is a bit difficult and you should expect that people won't just roll over. Requires people skills and the ability to accept "no" once in a while. Especially when it's a mechanic recognized and accepted by the PBUC manual.

I work with several very good umpires who haven't gone through a Pro school. They have attended several outside clinics however, and it shows. They're very good and fun to work with. Don't get me wrong, I still make mistakes as we all do, going to pro school allows me to recognize it immediatly when I do. I know well before my partner asks for that beer I owe for it As for the new association, I was recruited by several other umpires in my area that are tired of all the good ol boy mantallity. Accepting no once in a while is exceptable and underestandable. Being told it don't work here isn't, especially before it's even tried or explained!