View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 09, 2007, 08:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbilla
I am working my first "college game" next week, it is just a juco pre-season scrimmage, but I am hoping that it leads to more opportunities..anyway I am looking just for some general advice, specific things that I need to be aware of going in. I have worked high school extensively and am aware of the rule differences between nfhs and ncaa, however, I wanted to get some more practical advice. Specifically if anyone can provide some examples, etc, of how the absence of the "airborne shooter" comes in to play I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
I've never done a college game of any variety, so even the "just-a" type sounds good to me. But what I"ve done whenever I've moved up to "the next level" is to a) try to watch a couple of games at that level that day or the day before; b) as scrappy said, be sure you get a good pre-game. A real, complete, lengthy pre-game; c) practice some self-talk items ahead of time, especially to use for the first few minutes until your nerves settle down; d) have a friend or spouse or sweetie who comes to your game, watches and then goes out for a cold one with you afterward. Be sure they're all set to be congratulatory and celebratory.

Most of all, enjoy yourself. You worked hard to get there! You deserve it! Live into it, and have fun! That's what it's all about.