View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 09, 2007, 08:21pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Just a couple random thoughts. First, don't sell yourself short. It's not "just" a juco scrimmage. It's a college assignment, and that's very cool. Congratulations.

If you don't use the shot clock for high school games, then I'd suggest looking over the shot clock rules; and during the game, try to be aware of the shot clock as often as possible. It can be your friend (help with backcourt counts) or it can be your enemy (table screw-ups). Either way, it will pay to keep a close eye on it.

If possible, get there early and have a real pre-game with your partner(s). This will give you a chance to prepare mentally and will also give your partner(s) a chance to get comfortable with you a little bit.

Call your game. Don't be lenient because it's "just" a scrimmage. Call the fouls and the points of emphasis, because they'll want to know what they'll see when the season starts.

As far as the airborne shooter, the rule differs from the high school rule in that once the shooter releases the ball, a player control foul cannot be called. So if A1 jumps, releases a try and charges into B1, the basket will count if successful and B1 will shoot 1-and-1 if Team B is in the bonus. (In high school, this would be a PC foul and the shot would NOT count and B1 would NOT shoot free throws.)

I'm sure there's other stuff, but that's enough for one post. Others will have some ideas, too, I'm sure. Good luck!