View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 09, 2007, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
I know you take way more crap than we do north of the river...pretty much every time I have officiated an Oregon team that has come across the river to play one of "our" schools, I have had to T someone on the coaching staff - and they always seem so surprised...One coach several years ago didn't like an oob call one of my partners made and stands and yells "That's Bullsh!t". After I whistle and whack him, he turns to me and says "What, don't you guys give warnings first over here?"
Sheez, dj, that guy is pulling the wool over your eyes. No one around here will put up with that, and we don't give warnings for it either.

The problem for me is to strike the balance between "management" and "putting up with too much" between "being T-happy" or thin-skinned and being reasonably firm. I just don't get that balance very well at all.

My problem with this rule isn't just explaining it, it's that it hasn't been called this way, has it Camron? It's certainly not how it's been explained to me. I guess I'll be trying too hard to explain because I sympathize with the coaches. Yech, I say.