View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 08, 2007, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Ok, I'm sorry to keep posting, but as I read these, I'm just stunned by some of them.

Didn't we just change the rule so that if the first touch was a violation, we wouldn't switch the arrow?!?!?!
That is for touches that are always illegal (kick) no matter where/when they occur...but not touches that would be legal dependant on player location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Also, wasn't there some discussion of the throw-in spot following this violation? Didn't the penalty change so that the throw-in returned to the original spot?
There was. An interpretation was published that said it was to be at the original throwin spot. However, there was also non-insignificant rules and case support for the throwin spot to be the spot of the OOB violation. Looks like they may have corrected the somewhat recent interpretation that had the effect of make this a throwin violation instead of a OOB violation. Logicially, and consistent with all other violation penalties, the throwin spot should be at the point of the actual violation.