Thread: Hs Or Ncaa ?
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 05, 2007, 11:07am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Mueller
It may be "interesting" to you but if true makes perfect sense. They have less exposure to the game. By coming to this board they are being proactive and making an effort to learn.
Don,

This was largely a sarcastic comment. If you read the basketball board, it might make more sense to you. It was kind of an inside joke.

Quote:
I don't think the name calling was an accusation, I think it was a statement of fact, at least relative to this thread.
When you call someone a name because they tell the truth (because you can ask anyone for clarification on a rule and it is rare someone will not give you that information), that was a little more than an accusation. I guess you have to arrogant and a dick because you give an opinion.

Quote:
Rut, take your own advice, you're the one that didn't understand the simple request fronm the OP.
I did not understand why someone needed to create an entire thread to tell people something they already did (do not be offended, that is a personal opinion). And when I saw the number of posts made by the person, and the time they were here. It was clear this person did not read very many posts (or pay attention) to what goes on here. It is very common people give all the rules information and is very helpful in doing so. I know I do not answer any question on this board without trying to clarify the rule we are talking about when requested. I will even say I do not know what the college rule is but here is the NF interpretation.

Quote:
The OP never made a demand nor told anyone how to post. It was a simple REQUEST. If you choose to ignore or feel the request is already being met so be it.
Anytime you make a post, you open yourself up for what others think. This is the nature of the internet and discussion boards. I had every right to point out that he needed to stick around and realize that already takes place. He might not have been aware. Who knows? Also I personally do not care what he knows. This is a public forum. If he cannot handle responses than a person should never post on any internet site anywhere. I can tell you my response was very tame compared to many others with a similar theme. And the fact that he said he was from a different country might have had many harsh comments thrown his way under the right circumstances.

Quote:
Do you treat all requests made of you with such harshness and sarcasm?
I do not consider what I said was harsh. But then again I was not raised in this insane world that requires every comment to apologize for telling you what we might think. If someone did not curse at me or call me an offensive name, I would not consider that harsh. If what I said was harsh, some of the people here would never be able to handle the teacher in a real estate class I am currently taking when he answers questions very direct and keeps everyone constantly laughing. I guess everyone does not have very think skin.

I could have said the guy was stupid and dump and all I said was that "we already do that here and if you had been around you might realize that." I heard much more harsh language at the football game I worked last night. And I did not see anyone getting upset with that use of language like a few are here right now.

Quote:
I didn't read "upset" in his comments. I read frustration over your inability to comprehend his request and a slight dismissal of your intolerance and arrogance.
So are you saying that most people here are arrogant? I have been here for some time and most posters are people that have good hearts and want to learn. We might argue, but they are arguing for what they feel is right. I would not think that makes them arrogant because they might not be clear from time to time. The core group of people here has a lot of experience and they can be very helpful if you ASK THEM THE RIGHT QUESTIONS SO THEY CAN HELP YOU!!!

People answer questions mostly from their experience. I have been around this site for almost 10 years and I have been around a couple other officiating sites for around that same time (many people had to register on this site around 2000, so the date is not accurate as to when some of us first registered). So if someone works mostly NF rules, they are not going to be aware of all the NCAA rules and interpretations. And if you are from Texas, you might not be aware of all the all the NF rules and interpretations. And the average official knows most people work only NF rules. I have no idea what they do all over the world. I do know if you ask what rules you want an interpretation from, I do know how to answer or not answer the question.

Now you have called people arrogant because they did not answer the way you wanted them to. I have not called a single person a name who supported this guy or even took me on. I just see this as very ironic.

Peace