View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 05, 2007, 01:47am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Players? Which players?

The only one who might have mattered was Barrett, and as JJ pointed out earlier, it didn't seem to bother him.

From JJ's post:

From the newspaper article -
"Barrett was quoted after the game on the incident: "I've never, ever second-guessed Tim McClelland at home plate. And when he told me he was safe, there was no argument in my mind.""

If the catcher has no issue with it, who gives a rats a$$ if a few amateur umpires think they can school McClelland?
I understand this will be painful for you but for the good of this fine community of umpires gathered here, trusting in your Senor status and rock solidness of person tha you are, I must report.

Barrett is an Atlanta ballplayer, one of my Boss' trainees. Dad Barrett came to Boss in Michael's sophomore year,

http://tinyurl.com/2rcvaf

as a last resort. The kid was super-duper talented, never a SS, and Boss suggested to his coach, James Beevers, "F2".

Barrett's personality fit but his deserved rep as a moron who fights for little reason, let us say $$$ haven't changed that.

The report we get from Dad is the exact opposite of the public profiling one. At least the no-longer-kid has realized how to play the TV game.