Thread: Hs Or Ncaa ?
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 04, 2007, 10:20am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrye22
There is a big difference between asking people and telling people. And I agree with most everyone else that posted in this thread that it is OFTEN not clear which set of rules are being referenced (especially when people throw in NFL and adapted NFL rules). Then there is always a confusion with people asking for clarification, and others jumping in with 'I think he is talking about...'

I also want to say that the welcome that Rut extended is absolutely appalling and just makes you look like an arrogant dick.

James
I always find it interesting that most of the people that are clueless about basic information on this discussion board are from other countries. I also find it interesting the people that always want to accuse people of things first start name calling. I just read about 3 or 4 posts this morning and almost all of them reference very specific rules in many answers that are given. All you have to do is read and you will get your answer as to what code applies and if you are unsure, you can ask and someone will gladly accommodate.

No one references NFL rules for a HS game that I have ever seen. And most conversations on rules never talk about NFL because most people here do not work under those rules. Of course we might compare rules sets, but that is when there are people that are confused of a rule or want to know the differences. Usually this is made extremely clear.

Most of the time people only reference rules for the level they are talking about in the post. For example if people are talking about college football (Florida/Auburn KCI reference for example), then the references are about NCAA and someone even might come up and say what the NF rule is or interpretation is. It is not like people come out of left field and do not reference those rules.

There was a link that I have seen posted many times on this website that talks about "Before you post....." This thread needs that link right now. If you want to lecture everyone about how they should post, I would hope you have been around for at least 2 months before you start telling everyone how to post. If saying that makes me arrogant and a dick, then so be it. I know that if he would have posted a similar topic on the basketball and baseball boards, he certainly would have had much more sarcasm and harsh comments.

It makes me wonder how guys like this can officiate if he gets this upset over a response on a discussion board and we are not face to face.

Peace