View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 03, 2007, 01:38pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Jeff, I can't speak for other guys, but when I have worked enough games that my legs needed saving, it wasn't for the money. I worked them because they needed someone and I was the only one available; or the originally scheduled ref had to bail.

Let's not impute nefarious motives on people for doing what may in reality have simply been a favor to an assigner.

As for mis-information. Let the official reporting it ask the coach which timeout he wants. If you're "piggybacking," give the coach a bit more leeway on timing.

Frankly, if you're piggybacking, you're not working anything above middle school (at that particular time), and you're likely to grant a little leniency on this issue anyway.
Agree with Snaq here. I've been assigned games where I wasn't my best, but me at 80% is far better than only 1 official. And yes, these are usually for younger aged athletes.

I do recall some "piggybacking". I'm L and there is a TO request to me. The T, who just happens to be table side, sees the request as well. I let him take the request to the table. And yes, in these cases, we did many games in a single day - as many as 8.