View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 02, 2007, 01:48am

I was at school and did not see the play. When I got home my wife was hollering at the local news' sports highlights saying the umpire blew the call because the runner never touched the base. But I didn't pay much attention to what she said. After all, she ain't no umpire.

On the way home, I was listening to Loony on Sports on FOX radio. They gave the Rockies' announcer's call and all he said was that Barrett dropped the ball, he's safe, and the Rockies win. I had no idea that it was anything but a dropped ball.

Now I'm hearing here that Barrett picked up the ball and tagged Holliday and Holliday still had not touched home? Ouch, babe...sounds like a blown call to me. So, I went in the bedroom and told my wife she was right and that many people on the forum think McClelland blew the call. She said "I told you so" (do they always have to do that?) I think McClelland and his phony timing suck to begin with, but that's another story. I mean there is timing and then there is just being ridiculously slow.

Maybe I should turn on Sports Center and watch the horror for myself. I'm still too pissed at Hoffman to stomach it.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25