View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 29, 2007, 09:59am
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3afan
HS fall ball game in North Texas, ASA rules except no run rules, play 70 min. finish the inning

Team A up 22-0, Team B batting bottom of 3rd, fixing to go to the 4th, still 20 minutes to go

I'm a A position, Team A coach says "hey blue, next inning if anything's even close call my girls out."

I said "Sorry coach, do your own dirty work. Have 'em bunt back to the pitcher or something"

We knew each other, he just laughed and said OK. Turned out Team B waved the white flag after 3 so it was moot ... but, what would you have said/done?
A couple of years back, we were in a district semifinal up by more than the run limit. Our coach told the girl on 3rd to stay off the base after the pitch so she'd be rung up for the 3rd out. PU called time after the play and made her go back to 3rd. But at least he called her out for leaving early prior to the next pitch.

Then there was a JV game were we were down 19-0. Umpire must have had a hot date because as the home (winning) team is up to bat, he calls a strike on a pitch that was forehead-high. Home coach is going nuts and I'm telling my assistant (as I was acting coach that day) "It was a bad call, but I wouldn't want to make an umpire mad at me when I'm up 19-0."

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball

Last edited by Stat-Man; Sat Sep 29, 2007 at 10:01am.