View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 28, 2007, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

Where did they go? They left ref!!!

So Wednesday I am doing a girls DH , Jv/SV.

First on was JV the game went into overtime so it was a very close game throughout. The problem we were having was with our scorekeepers. The time was never stopped on time nor was it started on time.

Before the SV game started the visiting coach comes up to me and says you better do somethin about that table cause they were just horrible. I tell him we know coach we are having a talk with them. Fortunately we had a new person working the scoreboard and time and 2 people doing sheet/arrow and so on.

Here is when the fun started, Halfway through the 1st I am L and call a foul and I go to report it just to realize that I have nobody at the table except the guy working the clock/scoreboard. I ask him where the other 2 are and he says "They left ref". I then tell Home Coach to get his table straight or we are not continuing this game. He got 2 parents to help us out and they did a great job with what they were given, which was no player points recorded up to that point, no time outs recorded, fouls wrong, and score was wrong too.

Even better kicker was, in the last minutes of the game Home's PG gets fouled out and the Home Coach tries to tell me there is no way she had 5 fouls and all I said to him was "Coach, It is YOUR scoretable". This game almost went into overtime too if last shot had gone in.

Comments suggestions? What are we supposed to do