View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 27, 2007, 05:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
I don't know about anyone else's association, but if I called a player what Winters called Bradley, I'm sure I would have been not just suspended, but kicked out of my association. Winters got off easy.
Please do not try to be overly dramatic. I do not see any umpire getting thrown out if all they did was use a "bad word." Suspended maybe, but not just using a bad word.

Quote:
Look, I probably know Winters as well or better than anyone on this forum. Like I have said before, I like the guy. He was just wrong in this case. Should he be fired? Of course not, but some punishment was needed.
The previous comment is that you would have been thrown out of an association and now you are saying he should not be fired? Huh?

Quote:
Rutledge, just for the record, I would feel the same way if it had happened to your favorite team or player too. It just happened to involve the team I root for. No homer here.

I blame Bud Black for injuring Bradley, and I blame Bradley for being a hothead to start with. But the suspension of Winters was warranted.
If Bradley did not get hurt and this was a regular ejection, no one would even have made an issue out of this. Since Winters is your friend, why not ask him what was said? I would not be surprised if his side of the story is a little different. Not to say that he did not make any comments that was inappropriate. You are going off about this as if you had some inside information and you do not.

Peace