View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 27, 2007, 06:04am
Official Forum Member

Winters had every right to talk to Bradley, just not using the language he did. Winters has his partners back and informed him of Bradley's antics with the bat.

Remember, Bradley brought it up initially when he got to first, so he had been stewing on it for a while. If Winters had just not called him a FPOS, Bradley would have been serving his suspension during rehab.

Winters was wrong for the language he used. He has been punished appropriately. To say that he should be fired is a gross overreaction to the situation.

The biggest farce here is this quote from Bradley "It's terrible. And now, because of him, my knee's hurt," he said after the game. "If this costs me my season because of that, he needs to be reprimanded. I'm taking some action. I'm not going to stand pat and accept this because I DIDN'T DO NOTHING WRONG." (emphasis added)

Yeah Milton, you did nothing wrong. Keep believing that!

Idiot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon30307
Milton Bradley is a tool. That being said Winters should be fired. If you were working in corporate America and your mistake cost your company a big sum of money you would be fired.

Winters had no business talking to Bradley. As a result of this Bradley's career and livlihood is in jeopardy (yes he's a nitwit) and the Padres post season chances have been hurt posswibly costing them a huge sum of money. It's obvious Winters had no business talking to him judging by MLB's action. Just my opinion.
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates