View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 24, 2007, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Couple of questions (ASA FP)

I work at fall league on the weekends. Saturday is 10U and 13U, and then Sunday is High School age. Well, on Saturday we were short 2 umps because there were some rain outs that were added to the schedule w/o the UIC informed so were had 2 fields that had 1 umpire on them. I ended up doing 5 loner games in a row that kicked my but.

However, I was experimenting a little with mechanics on my loaner games and I had a couple of questions.

1) Bases empty, any number of outs, and the batter drops a bunt down the first base line. Traditional mechanics say that the PU go around the catcher and up the first base line looking for a pulled foot at first, but in this situation if you follow the traditional mechanic you are straight-lined and cant really see a pulled foot. In this scenario would it be prudent to head between the circle and the third base line to try and create somewhat of an angle so you can see a pulled foot? I will continue to do what ASA says, but I think is method is flawed somewhat.

2) Does anybody have any tips for going from 10U strike zone, to a 13U strike zone, and a HS strike zone more easily? I usually find that it takes me a few batters to get the right zone. Does anybody have any tips to make the transition easier?