Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
A quick use of the search function turns up this. I think it's still correct:

Divide the participants into four categories:
A) Players on the floor who fight
B) Bench personnel who leave, but do not fight
C) Bench personnel who leave and fight
D) (Head) Coach who leaves the bench (by rule it matters not whether he fights or not; in practice if he doesn't fight, I'm considering him / her to be "beckoned")

Treat each category separately:

A) Flagrant foul for each participant; team foul for each participant; one "T to be shot" for each participant; no indirects

B) Flagrant foul for each; team foul for each; one "T to be shot" for whichever side has the fewest in this category (zero if the sides are even); one indirect, no matter how many in this category

C) Flagrant foul for each; team foul for each; one "T to be shot" for each; one indirect for each

D) Flagrant foul for each; team foul for each; one "T to be shot" for each; no indirects (since it's a direct T).

Eject all the flagrant fouls; add up all the team fouls and put them in the books; record all the indirects (EJ if >=3).

Add up all the "T to be shot" for each team. Offset what you can. Shoot the rest (if any).

Arrow if they all offset. Ball to team that shoots any free throws.

Spend rest of evening writing the report.

Best advice -- stop the fight before it happens (just as with correctable errors).
The case book seems to indicate that no matter how many players leave the bench and DO NOT fight...all players that leave the bench are disqualified, they count toward the team fouls, BUT the head coach only gets one tech and only one set of foul shots are awarded.

The difference is when they DO fight. Then it goes individually....two shots for each and indirect for each.

Offset where possible...

At least that's how I read it....