Thread: at what point?
View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 20, 2007, 11:59am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Official
There should be a message board rule that states if you don't have supporting documentation to back up your answer you have to preface your answer with the words: "I think" or "I believe".
Not all points of views can be answered with documentation. And even if I gave you some documentation, you might not like the source. You must realize on the internet anyone can say anything. It is your job as a reader to determine who you listen too and who you ignore. The problem is you quoted the least respected individual on this site and any other site I can think of that deals with officiating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Official
I don't say this to be funny but a lot of us newbies come to this board to get knowledge and a better understanding of the rules.....but I guess if the original poster wanted an opinion then that's apparently what he got....
Newbies need to learn that you do not listen to everyone in officiating no different than you would listen to every doctor, lawyer or real estate agent just because they say something. Some people are going to have more credibility than others. I know when I started I did not listen to everyone because they where a veteran. The longer I have officiated the less I pay attention to more people because I have learned who has credibility and who does not. That is just something they will have to learn.

Peace