View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 13, 2007, 02:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRef
I came across this several years ago when I served as a substitute official on a completed game. The members of the crew who returned from the night before informed me that they did not take the game tapes. They said both coaches asked about giving the game tapes but the referee said it was not his responsibility. The referee informed them there was a regulation prohibiting them from looking at or using the game tapes, but that was a game administration issue, not an officials issue. As a result, each coach gave their tapes to the opposing A.D. and the A.D.'s brought the tapes back the following day.

Why do they need to exchange game tapes at all? They are both taping THE SAME GAME.

If a coach is so unscrupulous that he would violate the rules and view HIS OWN game tape the he certainly will look at the OPPONENTS tape.

Same goes for Ad's, Principals, etc.

What if there are two tapes and they only turn over one?
What if they are taping directly to hard drive of computer (directly to DVD? Do you take their computer also?

These are all rhetorical questions but represent a scenario that could exist in fact. There is no foolproof way guarantee that a coach will not violate the rules and look at the tape other than a coach with the moral disposition who refuses to look and violate policy.