Thread: Yellow Card?
View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 12, 2007, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Yellow Card?

I was at a HS varsity game last night. My son's team was playing and there was a good amount of contact between the forward from our team and the defender for the other team. Not anything out of the ordinary but there was a good deal of contact. The forward got a pushing call against him largely due to his over the top reaction to what every defender does when the ball is in their goal area. I thought it was a proper call from an (in position) AR that made a decision that the whistle agreed with. After the call (during the time preceding the free kick and the time the forward actually shut his mouth which was after the free kick) the forward started jawing with the AR about the call. I know this kid well so maybe I wouldn't give him as much grace as they did but he was being mouthy and as he walked away from the AR (that was clearly angry with what was said to him) he took his hand and made a opening and closing gesture to the AR that seemed to non-verbally mimic a mouth opening and closing as if to say your talking but I’m not listening. After this happened the center official got involved and spoke with the AR for a moment or so then went back to the job at hand and never even spoke to the kid.

What do all of you think? I'm almost certain based upon what I had seen, would have cautioned him for dissent.