View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 12, 2007, 02:01pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
Our ASA state commissioner requires that we wear the shirts he sells with his logo on them (not the official ASA letters). Whatever, the shirts seemed to be the same shirt sold by official ASA, but with different embroidery, until (apparently due to repeated requests from some umpires) he added a breast pocket and moved the logo to the opposite side. I don't know if the new shirts are from a different manufacturer or not. I don't own any of the "new" style.

But, anyway, the old style (same manufacturer as official ASA) are very nice shirts that wear forever but have several annoying aspects... the overly large collar and the buttons that go pink.

And, don't tell me if I launder the shirt "properly" (even though there is no agreement on what that means) that I won't have a problem with pink buttons. When have you ever seen a group of men who know how to do laundry "properly"?

BTW, I've never used bleach or detergent containing bleach, always drip-dried my shirts and McDavid wear - I didn't want the heat or the anti-static sheet messing with the fabric's wicking qualities. I have no REAL idea whether that caution was justified, but that is what I did. And, I still got pink buttons.

All that said, the worst shirts out there for wear and looking good after more than one season are the ones from Honigs. Not only do they have the ugly Honigs logo on the back, the fabric just does not look good around the collar area after a season. It gets the fuzzies very easily.
Honig's has changed the collar material to match the material used by Cliff Keen. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best shirt on the market now.