View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 08, 2007, 07:36am
Official Forum Member

It was late and i was tired and you are correct dead ball personal foul.

My point along with many others on this board this is the loophole that needs closed by next season is the deadball foul just isnt severe enough for the defense.

A 1 and 1/2 yard penalty for a late hit is pretty much a slap on a wrist.

Yes i know there are other circumstances where you go half the distance to the goal but this is after a TD.

For the most I am assuming we all agree this needs changed.

My coach on the field last night was losing by 3 tds at the time then this happens to one of his players. He was upset losing then upset by the play. While the trainers were attending to the player he said to me "this is where the new rule takes place for the enforcement"

I told him no because of the deadball foul enforcement.

Fortunately for me we have worked for him before and have gained his respect and he was pretty cool about the whole thing.

He has been on the state coaches board and thru our conversation i told him to call the state office and express his concern in regards to player safety on this type of play.

With the coaches help and the officials i think we are all pretty sure this will be changed.

Personally the FED should say hey we screwed up with the loophole and make the rule change as soon as possible, today would be great with me.