View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 30, 2000, 10:31pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Spring league, varsity girls game - we are in the second half and team A is getting blown out. A1 passes to A2 who is near team A's bench. A2 catches ball with one foot off the floor and is off-balance. B1 barely touches her and A2 falls to the floor. I call a travel.

Coach A obviously was frustrated and protested the call. He throws his arms up and yells "where's the damn foul?" I was in an exceptionally good mood (this was my third straight blow-out of the day) and I let it slide. He requests and is granted a timeout.

As we come out of the timeout, I go to administer the inbound play to team B. Coach A is standing right there, staring at me. He says to me, "I'm going to give you a break on that travel call."

I look at him to see if he is kidding. He is not. I say to him, "Coach - first, I have no idea what you mean - second, I don't care anyway and third, I hope you feel better now."

He just stood there as we started play and didn't say another word the rest of the game, and he stood up the entire time, too.

Best part - this was Saturday. On Sunday, I was coming on for my shift when I saw him leaving the building. I found out he had been tossed.

Spring league is soooooooo much fun.