View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 05, 2007, 03:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcubed48
Good question. I would call it, but I know some officials would pass on it. I had a similar situation at camp this summer. A1 while making his throw in barely but clearly steps on the OOB line. There was no press or pressure being applied on the play, but I make the call. The observer asks why. I simply answered that it's a violation. He gave me his take which I don't remember 'cuz I simply nodded OK and let it go.
Okay, here's the laymen version of the rule and what I know about it. The OOB line closest to the player standing OOB, is OOB. IOW'S, the inbounder can place his foot on the outside part of this boundary line (farest from the court) while inbounding and it not be a violation, assuming the OOB line is 2 inches wide. Reason, he's still OOB. The OOB line is OOB. Now if his foot touches the edge of the court, across the OOB line, that is a violation. However, I always thought the ball must be passed directly onto the court, no acceptions. If you throw the ball off the boundary line, violation.