View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 05, 2007, 03:44pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiRef
Long-time reader, first time poster... I am a sophomore official and i have a couple of question about some situations:

1) a player dives at a loose ball and his momentum causes him to slide a across the floor. This is legal, correct?

2) a player who is lying on their back with the ball may sit up legally, correct?

3) I saw this many times last year and it seems a little fishy to me. A1 is inbounding the ball to A2. A1 uses a bounce pass which, on its way to A2 bounces either out of bounds or on the line (which I believe is the same as out of bounds) violation?

Thanks for your help.
Be careful with #2. It depends on how he tries to sit up. If you're talking about lying flat on your back and just rasing our torso up so that now you are on your butt, I would say legal. But if you are lying on your back and turn your body and get up on your knees, using the ball to push yourself up, no-no! Traveling.

Here's a good question that i had happen in a Nat. tournament this summer. The player dives on the floor and secures the ball. Then sets the ball to the side of him and gets up. One hand on the ball. Is this legal?