Thread: New thread
View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 03, 2007, 09:09pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Lightbulb New thread

It seems like the past few days we've spent our time on the same threads and have really beat them to death. To make it worse, things even have gotten personal and nasty on some of them. So... I thought I'd start a new thread so we could get back to what this board is supposed to be about.

Oh yeah - I probably should suggest a topic.

How about: "the smartest play you've seen in a game?" I'll start.

A few years ago, I was training some refs at a 3rd grade rec game. Late in the game, the score was tied and there was a scramble for a loose ball. A1 gained control back near a corner in his back court. He was on his back with the ball and surrounded by team B players. One of the refs had started his 10 count. A1 threw the ball off B1s foot so it would go OOB. After the game, I had one of my trainees ask him why he didn't request a timeout. He said he knew his team was out of them and he didn't want to get a technical. Now you've got to admit that was pretty impressive for a 3rd grader. He's now going into 7th grade and is starting his third year of playing on a classic (competitive) team. He's been team captain for the past two years and says that when he gets to be a freshman, he wants to learn to be a ref. He's already on my list.