View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 02, 2007, 02:32am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Lightbulb Canadian Ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrasoFuerte
I posted this question on another site but don’t know if every one reads both so I’m posting here too.

I have been having this friendly debate with on of our fellow zebras and I was wondering if minds brighter [?] than ours could help out our debate.

Caseplay 5.3.4 SITUATION B: A1 receives the snap behind his own goal line. A1 advances, but is tackled and the ball becomes dead with its foremost point in the field of play, but part of the ball is in the end zone. RULING: Safety. To avoid a safety, the ball must be advanced completely out of the end zone with no part of it touching the goal line (8-5-2)

Now we both agree with this but here is where we begin to differ.

Lets say that the ball A1 receives the snap at the one yard line and fumbles the ball right at the goal line and falls on the loose ball while half of the ball is still in the field of play and the other half is in the end zone.

Or that A1 gets tackled with the ball partially in the end zone and partially in the field of play (note: the ball never completely enters the end zone on either of the plays mentioned above).

I say SAFETY
CANADIAN RULING:

Safety in all occurances.