View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 01, 2007, 11:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitump56
Tell you what, if you are so sure, then why not join sci.med.cardiology or call Dr. Andrew Chung, who resides on SCM to counsel just this subject. Then come back and support obesity is genetic, which infers one can't do anything about it.
First, I said that it COULD be genetic. I did not say every case was genetic.

Second, being genetic has nothing to do with "assuming nothing can be done about it." It simply means that there is a predisposition to acquire that "trait." When it comes to weight, unless there is a medical reason for it, the person can control it. A person who is genetically inclined to be obese WILL BE a large person, but that person doesn't have to be obese.

Quote:
Complete crap, it's gluttony, overconsumption and nothing else.
This statement is about as stupid as saying that all Mexicans/Blacks/Rednecks look a like. It's a prejudiced remark. BY DEFINITION obesity has nothing to do with gluttony. You are defining one as the other. It amazes me on how many subjects you attempt to be an expert. Ignorance is fine, but don't pretend to know that which you do not. I am not an expert on this subject. However, I have been educated in genetics, physiology, etc - so I'm not completely ignorant and can speak intellegently and without prejudice. Try it, you'll like it.

You are intitled to your opinion of fat people, black people, foreigners, southerners, northerners...but don't post your opinion as fact.

Keep one thing in mind fitty - it's better to keep your mouth shut and have someone think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove them correct.