View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 31, 2007, 01:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels
JRutledge,

So you are saying there was no helemt to helmet contact on that play?
As far as I can tell my answer is clearly no. BTW, the rule does not completely disallow helmet to helmet contact. The rule disallows for players to lead with their head and to initiate contact with their helmet at the NF level. That is a big difference. If you want to say that under all circumstances there was not contact with the helmet, I cannot say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels
And yes, I'll have a flag on every play were that type hit with helmet to helmet contact is made. The LSU player could have had the same effect hitting him lower, like in the chest. That hit was up around the shoulders.
If it makes you happy to call every time there is slight contact with the helmet that is your right to do so. There is a big difference between leading with your head and trying to punish a player than contact that results form violent contact. The MSU player's head snapped because he was not aware of the player coming. No different than a car accident when someone is not prepared to get hit. You do not have to hit something with your head to have a head injury or concussion.

Peace