View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 30, 2007, 10:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
I seen a few articles in the magazine that didn't develop anything very well from start to finish either imo. I've seen things written that I completely disagreed with.
None of the options is all that and a bag of chips. Many posts here contain nothing more than (mild) comedic value, sensless bickering, political opinions, or pointless disclaimers of the "it may be different in your area" variety. But there is much that is of worth. And as for disagreeing with the content, I would think you disagree with a lot more of what's said here. And for good reason. The forum is completely unvetted. We'll allow anybody to post darn near anything, with nobody to do even rudimentary fact checking. The forum is definitely caveat emptor. I think it's fair and accurate to say that there is way more inaccurate and useless content here in a week than there is in both magazines combined for a year.

I stand by my statement. The magazines do a better job of developing an idea and presenting it from start to finish. The forum is better at answering questions. Both approaches have value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
It all depends what you want to get out of the information available. Jmo, but there are quite a few people posting on this and other forums who are very knowledgeable about officiating. Personally, I find it easier to learn and keep current coming here.
I wouldn't disagree with this. I have, on several occasions, made my feelings about the value of the forum and the community here well known. I find the magazines have value too.

[edited to remove some unintended harshness from my response]

Last edited by Back In The Saddle; Thu Aug 30, 2007 at 11:10am.